Battle Royale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate Forum for all things Battle Royale.

HomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

BR Art

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SourPuss

SourPuss

BR Art Empty
PostSubject: BR Art   BR Art EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 3:57 pm

This is my 1st digital painting from Battle Royale. Painted from a blu-ray screen capture I got myself, I had the idea to paint many scenes from the film, I screen captured nearly 400 images up to
the mountain scene where Kazuo Kiriyama shoots yumiko kusaka and Yukiko Kitano.
I haven’t got round to working on another since ive been working on physical projects.

Im going to try and complete a couple more this year.

This was probably the most difficult art piece ive worked on, with all the different layered items as well as the screen capture only giving so much detail and colour. The colour was hard because I wanted to stay close to the original colourization of the film, well blu-ray rendition of the film as well as there not being much detail in the skin to work on, giving it a all too much smooth look.

Because of that im not too happy with norikos face. But I really wanted to capture how the film represented and captured that world that was being shown and told as best I could, without using outside sources to add into scenes that wasn’t really there. Painting pores or skin texture from a close high resolution picture onto an image that clearly does not show that wouldn’t be staying true to how that image was originally captured.

That being said it’s really hard to work on something that doesn't have high detail, it’s hard to make something look real without having that high level of detail in a reference .

BR Art Br1-scaled

ansatsusha_gouki likes this post

Back to top Go down

BR Art
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Royale :: Battle Royale :: Art-
Jump to: